After you lodge your application:
- The AVBC’s Advisory Committee on Registration of Veterinary Specialists will assess your qualifications. This committee is the body responsible for recommending specialist status to Australian registration boards.
- Standard applications can take up to 6 weeks to assess. Alternative applications can take up to 12 months to assess. We will keep you updated during the endorsement process.
- We may contact you on the AVBC's behalf to ask you for more information.
- If the AVBC recommends you for specialist endorsement, your endorsement will be considered at the next meeting of the Victorian Board.
Application and endorsement fees
Board fees for specialist endorsement during the 2019-2020 financial year are:
- $150 application fee
- $250 specialist endorsement fee (payable each year)
- If you are also applying for general registration, general registration fees of $380 (or $190 for the period 1 December to 30 June).
AVBC assessment fees: if you have not been endorsed as a specialist by another Australian State or Territory, you will also need to pay to have your qualifications assessed by the AVBC’s Advisory Committee on Registration of Veterinary Specialists. More information: AVBC schedule of fees (PDF) or contact the AVBC at [email protected] or +61 3 9620 7844.
Privacy of your information
The Board will only use and disclose personal information collected in the registration form for the purposes of registration, unless the Board has obtained your consent to use the information for additional purposes. More information: Privacy and data protection policy