Application lodgement and documents
You can email, post, or deliver your application in person:
Documents to send with your application: As well as the application form, you must send a certified copy of your qualification(s), a certified copy of current photographic identification, and an up-to-date personal resume (curriculum vitae). You may also need to send other documents: see the web page about the type of registration you are applying for.
- Documents must be good quality colour PDF files or photocopies. We do not accept .JPG or .PNG image files.
- The certified copies of documents must be certified by a person authorised to certify/witness documents in the country where the document is being certified. The Board requires documents to be certified independently. This means that documents should not be certified by people related to you, living in the same household as you, or with whom you are in a relationship.
- Copies must be certified on the front not on the blank back page.
Registration and other service fees
Applicants for registration pay service and registration fees:
- New graduates applying for general registration:
$150 application fee + $180 registration fee = Total $330
- General registration (including restoration/re-registration):
Applying between 1 July and 1 December - $150 application fee + $360 registration fee = Total $510
Applying between 1 December to 30 June - $150 application fee + $180 registration fee = Total $330
- Specific registration:
$150 application fee + $75 complex assessment fee + $360 registration fee = Total $585
- Specialist endorsement:
$150 application fee + $250 specialist endorsement fee = Total $400.
Specialists also pay a general registration fee ($360 per year), and a separate application fee to the AVBC.
More information: 2017-2018 registration and service fee schedule