The Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria (the Board) registers persons so they can practise as veterinary practitioners in Victoria, and investigates the professional conduct or fitness to practise of registered veterinary practitioners. The Board carries out these functions in accordance with the Veterinary Practice Act 1997.
This Charter outlines the Board’s service commitment and explains how you can help us provide you with a quality service.
Our commitment to you
- We will give you clear and straightforward information about the Board, including information on how to register as a veterinary practitioner in Victoria, make an enquiry or complaint, or respond to a complaint.
- Our staff will be informative and helpful, pay attention to detail, and be responsive to feedback.
- When you contact us, the person who responds to your enquiry will give you their name.
- We will respond to verbal enquiries within 3 business days and written enquiries within 1 week.
- We will manage all registration applications efficiently and finalise complete and straightforward applications for registration within 6 weeks.
- We will keep an up-to-date Register of Veterinary Practitioners in Victoria.
- We will handle all complaints about the conduct of veterinary practitioners fairly and efficiently.
- We will keep you informed about the progress of your enquiry, application, or complaint.
- We will maintain our website so you can interact with us effectively and securely.
- We will publish clear and up-to-date information on our website, including information about:
how to register as a veterinary practitioner in Victoria
laws, regulations and guidelines about veterinary practice
news and important developments affecting veterinary practitioners and the public
how the Board manages complaints about veterinary practitioners
- how to contribute to Board consultations.
- As far as possible, we will adapt our communication to meet your specific needs.
- We will acknowledge complaints about the Board and its staff within 1 week, and respond to those complaints within 4 weeks.
When we provide our service, we aim to be:
How you can help us
To allow us to help you, we expect you will:
- Take the time to understand your obligations and how to fulfil them
- Respond to our requests promptly
- Give us accurate and complete information
- Treat Board Members and staff with respect and courtesy
- Treat other people involved with your matter with respect and courtesy
- Provide us with honest, constructive feedback on our service.
How to give us your feedback
Your feedback will help us to review the quality of our services.
If you have a suggestion, compliment, or complaint, you can:
Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
Level 11, 470 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000