The Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria has 9 members:
- 4 members are veterinary practitioners
- 1 member is a veterinary practitioner employed by the Crown
- 1 member is a veterinary practitioner employed by The University of Melbourne
- 1 member is a lawyer, and
- 2 members are persons who are not veterinary practitioners, known as community members.
Board Members are nominated by the Minister of Agriculture and appointed by the Governor in Council. Appointments are for a 3-year term and Members are eligible for re-appointment.